Blooming Badges of Love
Get Rosey With These Hot Items:
1. Mini Rose Earrings $10, fredflare.com
2. Bakelite Hoop, Carved Lead and Rosette Necklace $45, hemlockvintage.com
3. Rose Ruffle Elastic Belt $10.50, wetseal.com
4. Irregular Choice Rosette $123.95, zappos.com
5. Phillip Lim Rosette Skirt $363, neimanmarcus.com
6. Laundry by Shelli Segal Applique Bubble Dress $420, Nordstrom.com
7. DKNY Nappa Rose Clutch $165, eluxury.com
8. BCBG Max Azria Swiss Dot Bubble Mini Dress $300, saksfifthavenue.com
9. Kenneth Cole New York Eggshell Stitched Leather Rosette Handbag $161, bluefly.com
10. Ciara WNK $314, delmanshoes.com
Becoming a Girly-Girl With Rosettes:
Could this season be any more girly? This year, designers have determined to dedicate 2007's fashion sense to the rebirth of femininity. And ever since New Year's Eve, it has showed. As most of you have already noticed, florals and added texture are climbing their way up the ladder of definite seasonal trends this spring/summer. Thus, with both trends' success rates hitherto, designers have decided to merge floral and texture into one unit to conceive a mega trend: rosettes.
You can see rosettes silently surfacing Hollywood 's red carpet, and why wouldn't it? The rosette trend in particular isn't just about textile and oversized/miniature prints, this trend is abstract, decorative, three dimensional and (to a certain extent) very adorable! Spring is more often than not associated with garden variety and rosettes are a play off of that impression. Rosettes are sweet, lighthearted, and a prime example of womanhood.
To get into the mood of rosettes, there are a couple of things to note:
The look for rosettes goes a long way. This trend is versatile because it is comparable to each woman's attitude and specific style. So pluck away and jump into a bed full of roses, and just have fun with rosettes! Nevertheless, it is not advised to go fanatical - make sure to keep to a minimum and think straps, bust, and hemlines.
Article Written By: Venessa Estrellado; Venessa is a graduate of FIDM in Los Angeles , CA and enjoys writing and creating pages for Divavillage.com.